Model D: Three-way thermostatic valve
AMOT Model D Thermostatic valves are fully automatic, 3-way temperature regulators for dividing liquid flow, and are used, among other things, to ensure reliable control of lubricating oil cooling. The valves are otherwise suitable for process control and industrial applications where liquids must be directed in different directions depending on the temperature of the liquid.
- Housing in steel, bronze, cast iron or ductile cast iron
- No external power source is required - simple and affordable installation
- No settings or configuration needed - "fit and forget"
- Consists of few parts - simple and affordable maintenance
- Flexible installation – works in any mounting position
- Automatic self-sensing control with positive, proportional valve actuation
|Versjon||Ø "||Ø mm||Max Trykk [bar/psi]||Max Flow [m3/t]||Max Flow [US gpm]||Max Anbefalt Trykkfall [bar/psi]|
|8DOCF||8||200||10,3 / 150||635||2800||0,5 / 7|
|8DODF||8||200||10,3 / 150||635||2800||0,5 / 7|
|8DOSJ||8||200||15,8 / 230||635||2800||0,5 / 7|
Temperature range: 27-110°C (80-230°F)
Available materials: Housing in cast iron, steel, ductile iron or bronze
Connections: Threaded or flanged
The valve is supplied with the temperature elements factory set to the nominal temperature setting. The temperature is sensed at Port A which remains open to Port B (bypass) until the fluid temperature reaches a point 4-6°C (8-10°F) below the nominal setting. As the temperature continues to rise, the slide valve moves to close Port B and open Port C (connected to the cooler or heat exchanger). Port B is fully closed 4-6°C (8-10°F) above the nominal setting. The valve continuously regulates the liquid flow to maintain the nominal temperature. For optimal control, the system must be dimensioned so that approx. 50% of the total liquid flow passes through the cooler at full load.